Dear JDT,
I don’t know if you will ever read this (well, you did not reply my email, so I’ll just consider that you won’t) and I know that probably some things I’ll be writing might not be relevant anymore to your life because it’s been a long time since I last talked to you; but I’m just gonna say it anyway.
Happy birthday.
I felt really sorry that I (sorta) forgot your birthday last year, so I’m making up to it by remembering this one: it’s your 36th birthday! Yay, another year to add up to your life! It is something that you should definitely celebrate today. And since your birthday is on a Saturday this year, I can just picture you going straight back home in Kelapa Gading this Friday afternoon after work, back to meet your family: your mother, your sister, your most beloved niece, and your girlfriend (if you do have one), and to just spend your birthday with your family all weekend. I bet it is a very valuable family-quality-time for you, for I know how much you really miss your family.
Indeed, it is really something that I wish for your birthday this year: to love and enjoy your life (like
I also wish for all of your dreams to come true. While I know this one sounds real fairy-tale childish - and remembering what a realist guy you are, but yes, I do wish that. Hey, grown-up people have dreams, too. I hope that your plan to open your own business goes well as expected. Now, correct me if I’m wrong here; because I once heard from you that you were to create your own business or something in 2011. But that was 3 years ago; maybe that is not so true anymore, I don’t know. Whatever plans you have now, whether it is to open a business, to pursue a Master degree, or to continue giving your best as a teacher, I pray for that to go as planned.
I wish that this year marks a new start for you and gives you a new spirit to go on living. The ones that are good in your life, keep them around and cherish it forever in your memory. Those that aren’t, brush them off your mind and learn from it so that it won’t happen to you again the second time around.
I still have more wishes for you, but it would be too long to write here. Besides, some wishes are a bit indescribable to write; however, those wishes above generally sum up all that I want to say to you. I think you deserve a great birthday today (and the rest of your life), for you have been a great person, at least in my eyes, and a great person deserves something of a great worth in their life, at least once in a lifetime.
I also want to take this time to properly apologise to you for all the trouble I caused you, and I know it is a shame that I couldn’t, and won’t be able to say it to you directly. I’m not even sure that I will meet you again someday to say that to you, so consider this my final sincere apologies, from the truest part of my heart.
Finally, happy birthday. Forget all of your troubles, just for this day. Today is your special day. And my prayers will always go to you, even from 7016 miles away.
Best wishes,
Greta
No comments:
Post a Comment